You think I’m kidding!
What’s trending? Here you go, the good, the new and the ugly!
– Chicken livers, fried chicken, chicken and waffles, well, chicken.
wish I had thought of that!
– Farm to table, nose to tail. Ask me why.
– Local, duh. Hopefully, it is not a trend, and “thank you” Chef Alice Waters.
– Pig Face. But not anytime soon with these parts, in these parts.
– Sweetbreads. See above.
– Pickled and preserved things. Just watch. (More “our” speed)
– Global Sandwiches (Say whaaat!)
– Kale following Brussel sprouts, but soon cauliflower.
And, don’t count out broccoli for a return to vogue! (Sun chokes? Maybe someday)
– Umami. Good luck with that one.
– Fishy fishes. (Ask me why)
– Tapas. Latin. And Mexican. (Since, like, La Alamo, but, on and on!)
– Smoke, maple, barrel aged.
– House made vinegar.
– Mezcal, sours, gins, bitter, pressed juices, shrubs.
– Sherry as a mixer. Hell yes.
Stay tuned for more. And, the ability to share with the community. “Any day now”
Share with me?
Thoughts, additions for the list,questions, complaints or concerns, be it personal or relative to our restaurants, here’s your opportunity. Click here and get busy!